2024 – PAGE 04 – WHY DOES THE PBR CERTIFICATION SYSTEM WORK?

EFFICIENCY THROUGH SYSTEMS AND INNOVATION

Most board review books and courses simply hand you a book and say, “good luck.” That’s how I studied for the USMLE exams, the pediatric board exam (twice) and the internal medicine board exam. I was completely isolated! After purchasing thousands of dollars of board materials, I was left to go through the books and video courses with no real guidance, no feedback from my peers, and absolutely no advice from the authors (besides a one-page preface).

NO MORE ISOLATION

Because of how excruciatingly painful that was, I’ve created a community of pediatricians for you to study with and a blueprint of what to study, how to study it and how to do so EFFICIENTLY!

GUIDED TO SUCCEED

In fact, ALL of the PBR resources are created with your time in mind.

• Will the resource be easy to use?
  • Will it provide more value than existing resources AND provide that value in a more streamlined fashion?
  • Can we make the resource easily accessible via smartphones and tablets?
  • Will the resource reinforce the core concepts laid out in the PBR and in the Q&A book instead of overwhelming you with new concepts?
  • Can we make the resource portable (e.g., audio or video?) so that it can be used at times when a physician, or a mom, or a dad, or a gym-enthusiast, would not normally be able to study?
  • Can we teach you how to become a better studier and maximize your time in front of the books through Deep Study?
  • Can we assist by creating Personalized Schedules for you that map out your study time?
  • Can we help you become a better test-taker through courses on test-taking strategy?

PBR is a system unlike anything you have ever experience before in your medical career. The Core Study Guide is written in easy-to-understand language and provides you with hundreds of time-saving memory aids. The online systems allow for one-click access to hundreds of high-yield images across the web. The Q&A book has some of the highest yield and most board-relevant questions available.

You also have a ready-made study group of hundreds of pediatricians to help you EFFICIENTLY blow past trouble spots in your studying. Plus, if you see an error in the book, or if you would like to submit an official request for content clarification, you can simply submit the info to me through PBR’s error submission portal (www.pediatricsboardreview.com/error). Your submissions will likely be used to create a PDF response that is made available to ALL PBR members in order to enhance the PBR experience for the entire PBR community.

All of these efficiency-focused systems SAVE YOU OVER 100 HOURS OF TIME and give you flexibility in your life to enjoy your family, your friends, or to reinvest that time into repetition of the PBR material.

A critical component of ANY individualized board review plan is to go through the study material MULTIPLE times. PBR is concise, makes the learning manageable, and will allow you to feel confident on your test day because of well-prepared you are for your exam.